KCI Corporate Profile
Kinetic Concepts, Inc.
- Global medical device leader devoted to understanding, developing and commercializing innovative, high-technology transformational healing solutions for customers and patients around the world.
- To be the Global Leader in Transformational Healing Solutions
- We change the practice of medicine with solutions that speed healing, reduce complications and improve patient lives.
- KCI is committed to providing safe and effective medical products and high levels of service to the Global Healthcare Market.
Facts and Figures
- Founded in 1976
- Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas
- Operations in more than 20 countries, with expansion into key geographies, including South America and Eastern Europe
- Privately owned by the Apax-led consortium, whose members include Apax Partners, the Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board and The Public Sector Pension Investment Board.
- V.A.C.® Therapy.
- $1.6 billion annual global revenue (2011)
- We maintain key relationships globally, with our NPWT products in more than 21,000 hospitals and skilled nursing facilities, and 11,000 home health agencies worldwide (as of 5/1/12).
- Our products are supported by a 1,000+ member clinical sales team and 24x7 customer and patient support.
- Over 95% of published NPWT literature is V.A.C.® Therapy specific
- Since 1995, KCI has invested more than $1 billion/ €772.3 million in product development and clinical support/education.