V.A.C. Dressing Technology
The Science of Cellular Wound Healing
The unique open pore structure of V.A.C.® GranuFoam™ Dressings actively helps promote healing at the cellular level. The interaction between the wound and the V.A.C GranuFoam Dressing delivers the necessary Mechanisms of Action (macrostrain and microstrain) critical for fast20 and effective5 wound healing.
- Actively promotes formation of granulation tissue at the cellular level
- Flexible design adapts to the contours of deep and irregularly shaped wounds
- 400 – 600 micron pore size helps provide uniform distribution of negative pressure (NPWT) at the wound site
- Hydrophobic pore structure helps remove exudate and infectious material
- Compresses to less than half its size under negative pressure to help draw wound edges together
- Induces macrostrain and microstrain
Because chronic and acute wounds can be difficult to treat, V.A.C.Therapy offers multiple dressing options engineered for specific wound applications.